!Fanzilla Bugs and Feature Requests
I really like the third-party tagging availability, but I think it needs to be tweaked to be usable in fannish circles - like, to the point that if it can't be tweaked, it should be turned off completely.
Things that are currently great:
- available on any type of channel
- clearly marked as "different" - on a colored background that's different from categories, and inserted into the body of the post or comment.
Things that are currently not great:
- once inserted, these tags are effectively permanent, with no way to edit or delete them: neither the channel owner nor the person who added the tags can affect them in any way.
- Exception: @emyrys found that by editing her post to strip out all formatting code and then reformatting her post, the added tags vanished, but that's way too cumbersome and gives no fine control over picking specific tags or editing tags (e.g., to fix a typo)
- I tried that on a private post that only had a picture embedded in it. Even deleting everything in the edit field and reinserting the picture didn't get rid of the tags, and I never saw any code that indicated the tags.
The ability to add tags is fantastic for community owners and potentially others as well (tell someone you recced their fanwork by tagging it "recced by @username", etc.), but the scope for misuse if they're not editable/deletable is just massive, and will cause wank shitstorms of epic proportions. Is there any way to bring those into the editable part of the post?