So let's see hey self, before I start trying to properly figure out Fanzilla, what does an ideal, best RP space actually have?
- The ability to have more than one identity (character) on the site/network, ideally with easy switching between
- some form of threaded conversations/the ability to easily tell who replied to who
- the ability to create roleplay posts and long comment/reply chains without spamming any public feeds/areas used by non-roleplay accounts but without simply flocking everything, and without drowning out non-roleplay posts in such areas
- fast notifications of roleplay replies, whether through email, push, etc.
- a player controlled space to post a profile for their character, and other info like documenting character relationships, keeping track of past events, etc. ideally easy to update without coding knowledge needed, and able to post artwork
- a way to find other roleplay partners and roleplay groups, and a way to advertise one's existing group etc.
I can already think of how Hubzilla would do at least some of this, but some seems like a taller order... 🤔 If there's anybody reading this who can think of anything obvious I missed, feel free to chime in. (I've never RPed on Tumblr, this is working off of a mainly LJ/DWRP and MMO RP background.)