Content Rules/Code of Conduct
This is a fannish instance of Hubzilla. As such, identities should be fannish in nature. Personal posts are fine, but please do not sign up for this instance without being in fandom.
The following behaviors are not permitted:
- The aggressive or contemptuous use of derogatory language, offensive comments, or the use of slurs related to the gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, or fandom or fannish expression (e.g. "shipwars") of individuals
- Deliberate misgendering or use of "dead" or rejected names
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual or group, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm deliberate intimidation
- Sustained disruption of discussion, including the excessive posting of low-value or unrelated content to public timelines (e.g. spam, "shitposting", etc.)
- Religious proselytization
- Unwelcome sexual attention, including simulated physical contact
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Publication of an individual's personally identifying information without their consent ("doxxing"), even in situations where that information may be "public" in other forums
- The linking of an individual's personas, online handles, screen names, or identities, where those links are not well-known, or where the individual has requested they not be linked
- Posting intentionally graphic, shocking, or triggering content without platform-appropriate markings (e.g. tags, etc.)
- Reposting art without creator permission and attribution (boosting from the original account is encouraged!)
- Commercial accounts or accounts that exist primarily to promote commercial businesses.
- All adult content must be fannish in nature.
- All publicly available images and content, including avatars, channel banners, and public posts, must be age appropriate. Public posts may link to adult content.
- Users must not post adult content without tagging 'nsfw', even if the content is restricted to a privacy group.
- Users must not post any content which is illegal in the United States.
- Users are encouraged to utilized extensive tagging to facilitate people finding what they're looking for, and avoiding what they don't want to see. This can include tagging of specific kinks, sex acts, etc.
Users of this instance agree to abide by the above rules.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, see content you believe violates the code of conduct or terms of service, or have any other concerns, please contact the admin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Complaints will be kept confidential.
Participants asked to stop any behaviour deemed inappropriate by a moderator are expected to comply immediately. Individuals continuing to engage in inappropriate behaviours will be banned.
Credits and licence
This code of conduct is based on fandom.ink's, which is in turn based on Annalee Flower Horne's Sample Slack Code of Conduct, which is in turn based on Geek Feminism's Community Anti-Harassment Policy. It has been adapted for use by fandom.stopthatimp.net under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License.
Privacy Notice May 2018
How your information will be used
Information you provide to this website may be stored and used to provide services to you.
We require an email address to idenitfy the account holder. This will not be shared with any other website or service. It is used to send you notifications about your account and perform administrative tasks such as resetting your password. You have the option to opt-out of all email notifications through your settings.
Communication channels created on this website require a name and a photo or avatar. A default avatar will be chosen if you do not supply one. The name, avatar, and a link to the channel webpage will be shared with other servers and services in order to refer to this identity. The name does not need to be your real name and the photo or avatar does not need to resemble you.
All other information you supply to this website is optional.
As a social communication and cloud storage service, you will usually be using this website to share information with others. We provide a range of privacy options to allow you to restrict this sharing to only those you choose.
Processing of your information
Our processing of your information is limited to storing it for you to use. We MAY keep logs of activity to help diagnose software issues and to maintain security of the system against intrusion. These logs are routinely deleted after a few days.
We MAY (if you have provided this permission) try to suggest frendships or connections based on analysing publicly available information about your connections. This is currently the most advanced data "processing" performed at this website. You may restrict access to this information if this processing is undesired.
If supplied, we MAY use your gender to formulate text messages in your native language, for instance "Bob commented on HIS post."
We do not share your private information with third parties or analyse your behaviour or personal characteristics. We have no advertisements or business relationships with advertisers.
We MAY be asked or forced to divulge information provided by you in response to legitimate criminal and legal proceedings. Where possible we will notify you if this happens.
Access to your information
Some communications are shared with other websites. Those using the same software will usually have similar privacy policies.
You may be shown embedded videos and provided links to visit other websites as part of your day-to-day activities using this website. This MAY expose you to monitoring by external services, such as (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, and Google. Each website operator is allowed to configure whether or not embedded content is permitted.
Further access to your personal data and stored files is under your control.
Our storage of your data is provided under your implied consent through your continued use of the service. You may withdraw this consent at any time and on account deletion we will remove all data which belongs to you. The process of deletion may take several days as we also make a good faith effort to delete it from any internetworked websites that have been provided a copy.
All data and files stored for a communications channel are available for you to download for either archival puposes or to transfer to another compatible website.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA 18 with regard to your personal data.
Identity and contact details of controller and data protection officer
[NAME OF COMPANY] is the controller [and processor] of data for the purposes of the DPA 18 and GDPR. 3
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact:
[ [NAME] Data Protection Offer at [EMAIL ADDRESS] ] [NAME] [JOB TITLE] at [EMAIL ADDRESS] or you can write to these individuals using the address of